The Courtyard Institute invites all children (approx. 7 – 11 years of age) to join our second “Shadow Puppetry Workshop”.
The workshop starts at 16:00 with a short introduction into shadow puppet performance. Under the guidance of our staff the participants work with paper, scissors, colors, decoration materials and their imaginations, to create their own puppets and scenery. The participants are divided into small performance groups of 2-4 and get to rehearse their story together. After dinner the performances begin. A magical transformation of the children’s work takes place in front of the screen. Narration, movement and music let the children’s imagination in the form of their cutouts come to life.
The Children will learn how to make shadow puppets and explore their imagination. Shadow puppetry is introduced to the children in an accessible and fun way, creating a unique learning experience. Through this workshop we hope to develop the following abilities for the children:
– DIY (to create their own shadow puppets)
– Team work (coordinate with team members and instructor)
– Communication (performing with their own words and phrases during the puppet show)
– Imagination (to make up stories with their puppets)
|Time：Sep 14, 16:00-21:00 (Dinner @ 18:00, performance @19:30)Venue: Courtyard Institute (No.28 Zhonglao Hutong, Dongcheng District)
Language: Chinese and English
Workshop fee (including dinner): RMB360 per person
For parents (including dinner): RMB150 per person
Register: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +86 10-84048242 (please register before Sep 12, you will receive a confirmation email from us)
1. The workshop is limited to 15 participants. We recommend to reserve as soon as possible.
2. Children will be able to keep the shadow puppet they make.
3. In order to welcome more children we reduce the cost and shorten the duration of the workshop